Application Privacy Statement
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to the treatment of personally identifiable information submitted by, or otherwise obtained from, you in connection with the associated application (“Application”). The Application is provided by KrownUnity ApS (”Krown”) (and may be provided by Krown on behalf of a Krown licensor or partner (“Application Partner”). By using or otherwise accessing the Application, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement.
What We Need
Krown will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We collect personal data about you which does include special types of information and location-based information. We may receive and store any information you submit to the Application (or otherwise authorize us to obtain – such as, from (for example) your Facebook account). The types of personal information collected may include your full name, email address, gender, IP address, browser information, username, demographic information, friends using the Application, contacts to build your social graph, images, in-app messaging, events, mobile devices specifics, education, work and any other information necessary for us to provide the Application services.
We receive and store certain types of usage related information whenever you interact with Application. For example, Krown may automatically receive and record information regarding your computer’s IP address, browser information, Facebook user ID, Facebook Page fan status, and URLs accessed. Such information may be shared in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form with our partners. These data can contain any of non-identifiable shared information before mentioned.
Why We Need it and How Does Krown Use the Information it Collects?
Krown uses the information described in this Privacy Statement (i) internally, to analyze, develop and improve its products and services, and (ii) as set forth below in the “Will Krown Share any of the personal information it Collects” section below.
What We Do With It
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information on this framework can be found on our website.
How Long We Keep It
We are required under Danish tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 5 years after which your data will be kept under circumstances that it can be used to continually create a better service or experience or until you no longer wish to be a user and notify us. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Application Partner Treatment of Personal Information
Will Krown Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither sell or rent personal identifiable data with anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
Application Partners: We will share your personal information with an applicable Application Partner (see the “Application Partner Treatment” section above).
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Krown’s agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of personal information for the above purposes. Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Krown, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Krown goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Krown may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Krown and Others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Krown, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Third Party Applications/Websites.
The Application may permit you to link to other applications or websites. Such third-party applications/websites are not under Krown’s control, and such links do not constitute an endorsement by Krown of those other applications/websites or the services offered through them. The privacy and security practices of such third-party application/websites linked to the Application are not covered by this Privacy Statement, and Krown is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such websites.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Krown allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list may change in the event the Application changes.
- Account and user profile information
- User e-mail address, if applicable
- Telephone number, if applicable
- Facebook profile information, if applicable
- User preferences
- Application specific data
Can Children Use This Application?
Our site and the services available through Krown are not intended for children under the age of 18. Krown does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 18 and believes that children of any age should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. We encourage you to participate in your child’s web experience.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Krown may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time such information is used. If we make changes in the way we use personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Site or in the Application or sending you an email. Users are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when he or she uses or otherwise accesses the Application after such changes have been first posted.
What Are Your Rights?
In compliance with the GDPR, every member has a right to access, rectify, and a right to data portability and removal of his/her personal data, along with a right to object to or limit processing of his/her personal data, and the right to decide on the way to handle the personal data after his/her death. In an effort to address its members’ concerns, Krown commits to respecting the protection of personal data and to process requests as soon as possible.
If at any point you believe the information, we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Exercising your rights
Members may exercise their rights, subject to proving their identity, by sending an email to email@example.com, by exercising their rights directly via the Application. For confidentiality reasons, if there is a doubt on the requesting party’s identity, proof of identity may be requested.
Description of Rights
- The right to access allows a member to ask Krown for data pertaining to him/her in an accessible format, based on the terms and conditions of Article 15 of the GDPR. Your right of access must not infringe on the privacy of third parties, which is why you will only have access to your personal data and not that of third parties (for example, only messages that you have sent will be communicated to you and not those that you have received).
- The right to correct grants a member the right to demand Krown corrects, adds to, updates or removes any personal data on him/her that is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, out-of-date, or whose use, communication or storage is prohibited based on the terms and conditions of Article 16 of the GDPR. You can modify or rectify some data directly on the Application. You just need to go on your profile and make changes.
- The right to data portability grants a member the right to receive the personal data he/she gave to Krown, in a structured, commonly used format, legible on a machine, and to forward them to another processing entity, in compliance with Article 20 of the GDPR.
- The right to contest grants a member the right to object, free of charge and at his/her own discretion, to the use of his/her data by Krown for canvassing, especially commercial canvassing, and to the processing based on Krown’s legitimate interest, in compliance with Article 21 of the GDPR. For processing based on legitimate interest, Krown retains the option to justify legitimate and compelling reasons to continue processing.
- The right to delete grants a member the right to demand the removal, free of charge and at his/her own discretion, of data transmitted to Krown, within the limits of the rights based on Article 17 of the GDPR. Also, you can delete your Account using the corresponding feature on the Application. We inform you that all your data will be deleted from the Krown application. However, Krown, as the host, has a legal obligation to retain your personal data for 5 years under Danish Tax Law.
- The right to limitation grants Members the right to request the temporary suspension of the processing of their data by Krown under the conditions set out in Article 18 of GDPR.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns